Sunday, July 1, 2018

On Graduation, Sleep and Morning Trial


The Graduation*


It's school closing time
Graduating students in a long queue
Parents and guardian in best time
Letting no things overdue.

Dreams and ambitions
No longer a problem to pursue
This momentous situations
Are here to ensue.

*I write this poem while I was attending the closing exercises of our granddaughter who completed her elementary last April 3, 2018 in my Alma Mater.


The Sleep*


The body was done
Of today's routine work
From morn till night
And time to take a sleep tight.

Invigorating the tired body
For tomorrow's work
By taking a sound sleep
All is ready to upkeep.

*My eyes are getting heavy. Garkitty is already sleeping. "How I close my online writing job," I asked myself. Well, it's already late in the evening. I do compose this simple poem, hoping this would appeal to poetry lovers and others too.

Morning Trial


The morning breaks for a new
For another opportunity for us
To live to the fullest
But inevitable life's trial takes its nest.

A daughter of mine is confined
To the hospital for she's sick
Sad for it's her birthday today
Wish her well to be okay, happy and be merry.

God is so kind, merciful and forgiving
Our prayer be answered well and good
For my daughter's health be restored
In this momentous morning our dear Lord.

n.b. - These poems are all repost from myLot site which I participated in writing online.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are greatly appreciated.

Verses Expressed Admin