Monday, November 19, 2018

Bonnie, Festival, the Wedding

Bonnie
Bonnie


My Bonnie*

by Gil Camporazo

After two decades we parted
For a job-related I was transferred
Never saw him anywhere
But this day I see him in a sphere.

My Bonnie lies over there
My eyes haven't misled me
He's the one sitting there
Showing his white teeth to me.

n.b. * I write this poem as a tribute to my best friend, Bonnie who is polio-stricken when he was a kid. I met him in the place of my first teaching for I was looking for a barber. The people recommended me to him. I was shocked when he started to cut my hair. His hands were shaking. I was afraid he might cut my ears. To my dismay he perfectly cut my hair that suited to my style.


La Carlota Pasalamat Festival

by Gil Camporazo

Festivity may come in various style
For thanksgiving or merrymaking.
Ours is unique, people walking in mile
Rain or shine the show keeps on going.

Pasalamat Festival, the name is known
All over the world it goes through
In gratefulness to the Lord shown
For bounty harvests the city grew.


The Wedding Day

by Gil Camporazo

God is so kind
Making us to mean for each other
In a fateful day we met the plan foretold
In synchronous birthdays we couldn't denied.

Now this momentous day
Marks the greatest decision I made
Exchanging I do with my high school sweetheart
In a simple, humble civil wedding rites.

Time flies so fast
It's already 46 years of faithful marriage
Not only for time but eternity to last
In the Temple of God we made a vow.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are greatly appreciated.

Verses Expressed Admin