Saturday, August 26, 2017

Alethea Lyn's Six Poems of Things and Emotions

by Alethea Lyn Pampora

Althea Lyn Pampora, the Poet
The Poet

The following are six poems composed by a granddaughter of my elder brother Jaime, Alethea Lyn Camporazo Pampora as per suggestion by her Facebook friends. These are posted in her Facebook Page and are reposted here with her permission.

“BALLPEN”


Used, replaced, lost
Her worth depends on the cost
She was once been valued
Not until she messed up
Every time you argued
She had the choice to give up

“CHOCOLATE”


You took a bite and enjoyed the taste
All you think is sweetness, that’s what you chase
Elevated your mood, made you feel good
Just because you could, doesn’t mean you would

But you wanted everything just for yourself
She wants you happy but she lost herself
You have gone wrong, sorry’s too late
You have forgotten, love’s like chocolate

“ECSTASY”


I travelled hours just to be in your place
And to see the look of ecstasy in your face
But the time also travelled and gone so fast
Yes, time taught me that nothing lasts

I have to live my life and give a sigh of bliss
I know there’s something I shouldn’t miss
You gave me a moment of ecstasy
But sadly, it was a fantasy

“PAPER”


Write it on a paper
All the things you should’ve said
All the feelings that you once had

Write it on a paper
The moment that he had to go
The gestures that he failed to show

Write it on a paper
The adventures that you’ve gone through
Until the day you’ll say “I do”

Now take a pen to write the night away
The book of your journey that the youngs can’t weigh
Have it written on a paper

“STAY”


The yellow cars drove beneath the gloomy sky
I wonder how I managed not to cry
It’s been a long time since the day you said “goodbye”
I just wish you tried

Did you remember those stardusts in our heads?
The blow of freezing wind that cools our bed
You gave me sparks that I wish we never had
You forgot what you said

Hoping those yellow cars will drive you back
I’ll leave my windows open and doors unlocked
Let’s reminisce the feelings and find our way
Will you hold my hand and make me stay?

“FEELINGS”


With this pen I wrote down my feelings
It was longer than a light year
Nothing’s stranger than what I’m dreaming
The mixing of love and fear

Have you seen the death of it?
Trying to dredge up the thoughts you left
The dead feeling comes back to life
But the old one’s exploded with your verbal dynamite

I’ve got a feeling that can’t be known
All the disclosures but can’t be shown
Seeing those innocent smiles
Well I’m just here, separated by miles

Yes I’ve got this feeling that can’t be eradicated
By means of destroying us just to make an end
As long as the sea is bound to wash upon the sand
The feeling that I’ve got will always take a stand

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are greatly appreciated.

Verses Expressed Admin